Monday, November 22, 2004

Killing Me Softly

Ever played video/computer games while listening to songs? It can create some really funny situations.

Like once I was playing Age Of Empires, while winamp was playing some list. I was so engrossed in attacking a neighboring ally-turned-enemy civilization, though, that I did not realize where the song list was going. Suddenly all clanks and clangs of stone throwers and chariots are drowned out, and we hear some lines:

Please forgive me I know not what I do
Please forgive me I can't stop lovin' you
Don't deny me This pain I'm going through
Please forgive me If I need ya like I do

And we find ourselves laughing uncontrollably!

Another incident comes to mind is about some level in Half Life, where a barnacle caught Gordon Freeman (me) off guard. I had almost given up and was waiting for the inevitable. And the song Winamp was playing? Yep, you guessed it:

I prayed that he would finish,
But he just kept right on!
Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song

Wish these sentimental word could divert that merciless beast off me, but alas!

signing off,

No comments: