Monday, July 25, 2005

Don't You Just Hate Yourself ...

... when you know that you have been cheated, and moreover you know that you could very well have avoided that if it wan't for the utter carelessness from your part. That's what happened to me over the weekend.


I go to fill some gas in my bike, ok. There are two guys at the filling station, one with the cash and other with nozzle. The one with cash distracts me. Now I know he's doing that, because he's too obvious. But I don't care to look at the starting zero. And yes, the other guy hasn't reset it to zero. He starts from 50 and I get only 50 bucks worth. I realize it immediately when I start my bike. But the guy says (I know why he is smirking) that he has filled in whatever I paid for and I should get the fuel indicator checked. The vehicles behind me are honking now and because I have to rush for other appointment, I don't argue much. Just cursing myself I leave it.

I can't, can't, can't and just can't forgive myself for such stupidity. Maybe the world isn't fair enough to assume things. Or maybe I was being too thick.

signing off,

No comments: